Sunday, December 7, 2008

November Club: Thanksgiving with Friends

For November club I had the girls over for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday 11/22. We ate a lot and drank a ton!

Of course we ate turkey! I also, made carrots, brussels sprouts, potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, & stuffing. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the turkey breast when it came out of the oven! It looked so good and would have made a great picture but I must have been too busy to think about taking the picture.
Below are some of the recipes from November club!

I made the cranberry sauce ahead of time to make sure it could cool at room temperature. Cranberry sauce is incredibly easy!!
Bring 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar to a boil. Add cranberries and let boil for 10 minutes. The cranberries will burst open and break down. Stir sauce and let cool at room temperature. Below is the finished sauce! As I mentioned the turkey breast tasted really good! I used this recipe from the food network. Next time I make it, I'll be sure to get a picture.

Since everyone was going to be eating Thanksgiving dinner again later in the week. I decided to switch up the potatoes. Instead of making mashed potatoes. I quartered smalled red potatoes, placed them in a pot, added water, kosher salt, minced garlic and fresh chopped rosemary. I let the potatoes boil until soft. Drained and mixed them with butter. They were very tasty--especially with gravy on top!
The brussels sprouts were tasty too! I got the recipe from the November issue of Real Simple. Although I couldn't get Liz to try brussels sprout, I did get everyone else to try them and I believe they all enjoyed! You can find the recipe here.
I steamed the carrots in chicken broth, added butter and thyme and they were ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment