Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No Mayo Coleslaw

Those who know me know I have a strong dislike towards mayo. Really just can't get myself to eat it or anything that contains it. My dislike for it; however, leaves me with little options when it comes to summer salads. I thought, enough is enough I'm going to enjoy summer salads too! After a quick search on the 'internets', I stumbled across this Rachael Ray recipe which got great reviews. It's super simple and a very refreshing take on coleslaw. 

Oil and Vinegar Slaw by Rachael Ray:

  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it
  • 1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Salt and pepper
Mix vinegar and sugar. Add oil. Add cabbage to dressing and season with salt and pepper. Toss with fingers to combine. Adjust seasoning. Let stand 20 minutes. Re-toss and serve.

Isn't my sous chef just the cutest??

No comments:

Post a Comment