Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Irish Soda Bread


 Another great bread from Baking with Julia and a perfect one for St. Patrick's Day, Irish Soda Bread! Who knew it would be so easy? Honestly, this takes about 8 minutes to put together and 50 minutes to bake and about 5 minutes to eat! OK, I'm kidding it didn't take 5 minutes to eat but it's so tasty that I'm sure it can be done. The buttermilk adds a great amount of sweetness. 

I decided to bake it plain (you can add dried fruit or even make it savory with herbs) and it was simply delicious! I love a nice easy and delicious bread! I'll be making this again!

Thanks to Cathy of My Culinary Mission  & Carla of Chocolate Moosey for hosting this week! You can find this week's recipe by visiting their blogs!


8 comments:

  1. I thought it was delicious too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Bread looks Lovely ... !!! Great job !!!! I never thought baking a bread can get that easy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful loaf! It doesn't get much easier than this, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks great! Can't help but love how easy it was to throw together!

      Delete
    2. It really was easy! I'll be making it again!

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely. Glad it was a hit for you!

    ReplyDelete