Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oven Fries

Fries are my weakness, there I said it. I mean seriously they're so hard for me to turn down. Once I start eating them, it's hard for me to stop. I think it's a serious problem. Luckily, for my jeans, I don't eat them all too often. These oven fries from Every Day Food are as close to tasting like fries that are fried but these are a tad bit healthier baked in the oven. I like my fries crispy (As you can see from the pictures, sorry they're a little dark) but you can alter the cook time depending on how crispy you like your fries.


Oven Fries
From January/February 2011 issue of Every Day Food

3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6 large), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
Nonstick cooking spray
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, cover potatoes with water by 2 inches. Refrigerate at least 3 hours (or up to overnight).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly coat two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. Drain potatoes and pat dry; wipe out bowl. Toss potatoes in bowl with oil and season with salt and pepper. Divide potatoes between sheets and arrange in a single layer. Bake until golden and crisp, 45 minutes. Toss potatoes and rotate sheets. Bake 15 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment